|Primary Residents||Creatures, Hydruka|
|Location||South of Bara Magna|
Aqua Magna, also known as the Great Ocean, was a location in the Solis Magna Solar System.
Aqua Magna was originally a vast ocean on the planet Spherus Magna. It was full of sea life. After The Shattering, Aqua Magna was separated from Spherus Magna, becoming a celestial body in it's own right. For 100,000 years, it was one of two "moons" to orbit the planet of Bara Magna, the other being Bota Magna. After 90,000 years, the Great Spirit Robot crashed into Aqua Magna in an event known as the Great Cataclysm. Makuta Teridax took over the robot body, and left Aqua Magna behind. Shortly after, Aqua Magna and Bota Magna were pulled back into Bara Magna to reform the old planet of Spherus Magna.
The surface of Aqua Magna was ultimately dominated by a planet-wide ocean. When Mata Nui crashed into Aqua Magna, two islands were created, and became the only landmasses on the planet. The first was Mata Nui (Island), which was formed by the camoflauging programs in Mata Nui. The other was Voya Nui, a piece of the Southern Continent which rocketed up and was held in place by a cord made of hardened magma from Mt. Valmai. Little is known about what the geography was like on the sea floor.
- The Pit - a prison used by the Order of Mata Nui for the vilest of villains, and was in place before the Great Cataclysm
- Mata Nui (Island) - where the Toa Metru took the Matoran to
- Voya Nui - A U-shaped island where the Kanohi Ignika was located
- A Barakki fortress that was crushed by Mahri Nui
- Mahri Nui - was formed by a wedge-shaped rock that hosted a Matoran Village and slipped off of Voya Nui
- Airweed fields - were used by Matoran of Mahri Nui to farm airweed
Aqua Magna was the home for the whole of the Matoran Universe for a short time, as well as several organic animal species, including: